Graduate Students’ Association (GSA) Bursaries are intended to ease financial strain for graduate students who demonstrate financial need. Value: Up to $1,500 CDN. Applicants are not able to receive more than their demonstrated need. MANDATORY: Review the Terms of Reference BEFORE applying: https://gsa.ucalgary.ca/financial-support/bursaries
Fall intake period: October 12 – October 26, 2021
Winter intake period: January 3 – January 17, 2022
- Varies (max. amount $1,500)
- Supplemental Questions
- Domestic or International student
- Marital Status
- If married or common law, does your spouse live or reside with you?
- How many dependent children reside with you and what are their ages? If none, enter zero (0). (For example, if you have 2 children who are 7 and 10 years old, please write "2 children, 7 and 10 years old" in the text box below.)
- Are you eligible to work in Canada?
- If you are eligible to work in Canada, do you currently have a job?
- If married or common law, is your spouse eligible to work in Canada?
- If married or common law and your spouse is eligible to work in Canada, do they currently have a job?
- Financial Resources (Please indicate if you have applied to other sources of funding). SELECT ALL THAT APPLY.
- Please provide more details about the other sources of funding you have acquired: enter type of funding and amount in Canadian Dollars (enter 'not applicable' if you have not applied for additional sources of funding)
- Please download the Income and Expenses budget template, fill it out, and upload it here.
- Total Annual Expenses - Total Annual Resources from the document above
- Bursary Amount Requested (to a maximum of $1,500)
- PERSONAL STATEMENTS: Please answer the following questions with a description of your personal situation in the space provided. The Personal Statement is critical, as a standard form such as this one can only provide a partial description of a person’s situation. Completion of each question is MANDATORY for the application to be considered complete. The evaluation committee places a large emphasis on the steps that you are taking to improve your situation, so please provide details. (2000 characters (approx. 350 words) maximum for each question).
- 1) Please describe your financial difficulties and how this impacts your/your family’s lives.
- 2) To what extent, if any, are your financial difficulties unforeseeable or unavoidable?
- 3) What steps have you taken to improve your financial situation? If you are eligible, but have not applied, for any of the other sources of assistance listed in above (i.e., student loans, bank loans, etc.), you MUST explain further in this section.
- 4) If you and/or your spouse are not employed, please explain why. If you are employed, please type "not applicable" in this section.
- 5) How will this bursary help resolve your financial difficulties?
- SUBMISSION: By submitting this application, I confirm that: 1. I have answered all questions on this form that are applicable; 2. All information provided is true and complete; 3. I have read the Terms of Reference for the GSA Bursary; 4. I authorize the GSA to use the information provided on this application to determine my eligibility bursary and for research and statistical analysis, subject to the standards outlined by PIPA; 5. I authorize the GSA to share my information (full name, student ID) with the University of Calgary Resources and Payroll. 6. I have read and agree to the declaration, and I hereby make an application for the GSA Bursary (check "Yes" box to agree).
- Show 10 more